Curtis Jones Jr. is a strong advocate for women's rights and has taken various steps to support women in the community. He has supported legislation aimed at promoting paid sick leave, pay equity, fair workweek, and improving access to pre-K through the soda tax. He has also facilitated more contracts for women in his previous role as the head of the Minority Business Enterprise Corporation. Jones is the Chair of the City Council's Public Safety Committee and has co-sponsored hearings on human trafficking. He has also increased funding for beds for domestic violence victims and witness protection relocation funding for women.
In order to support women, Curtis Jones Jr. has:
◦ Supported legislation crucial to working women:
◦ paid sick leave
◦ pay equity
◦ fair workweek
◦ changing stations in public restrooms
◦ increased access to pre-K (through soda tax)
◦ Prior to being elected as Councilman, he ran the Minority Business Enterprise Corporation, where he facilitated more contracts for women than any other elected official.
◦ Co-sponsored hearings on human trafficking in the City Council’s Public Safety Committee, of which he is the Chair.
◦ Increased dollars towards beds for domestic violence victims and witness protection relocation funding for women.