Curtis Jones Jr. is committed to improving public safety in the community. He has increased funding for critical public safety programs, including witness protection and relocation, and the police body camera program, and has been the lead sponsor of the gun locks program. He has also created the Safe Avenues Program, which is a weekly communication process between schools aimed at creating safe and efficient corridors for students. Jones is working to create a new Public Safety Officer Program, which would provide support to the Philadelphia Police Department in regulating traffic and enforcing municipal code regulations to enhance the safety and quality of life in neighborhoods.
On the issue of Public Safety, Curtis Jones Jr. has:
Increased funding for critical public safety programming, including:
◦ Witness protection and witness relocation.
◦ Police Body Camera Program.
◦ Lead Sponsor - Gun Locks Program.
◦ Locks that can be attached to firearms to prevent their accidental firing by children.
Created the Safe Avenues Program
◦ a weekly communication process between 7 schools that created safe and efficient corridors for students to travel to and from school
Working to create a new Public Safety Officer Program
◦ Public Safety Enforcement Officers would be a new class of civil service employees that would provide support to the Philadelphia Police Department in regulating traffic and during special events. Public Safety Enforcement Officers also would enforce municipal code regulations to enhance the safety and quality of life in neighborhoods.